How does Pathisol work?
Pathisol Disinfectant - Hypochlorous acid (HOCl)
is one of the most potent anti-bacterial (Many EN tests) and anti-viral (BSEN14476) disinfectants available in dilute solution. It is effective also against mycobacter, fungi, spores and prions and at deactivating microbial toxins. Having a high redox potential, it is a very effective disinfectant.
Hypochlorous acid is produced by the phagocytic white blood cells of the mammalian immune systems to kill microbes at an intracellular scale. Pathisol produces the same natural Hypochlorous acid on an industrial scale and amplifies its effectiveness.
The same manufacturing process produces the Pathisol all purpose cleaner which is very dilute NaOH. This is energised also and despite its extreme dilution, it is a very effective degreasing and cleaning agent. It is used to remove all the dirt that might prevent the Pathisol disinfectant from touching the remaining microbes, so that I can work optimally.
Resistance against Pathisol is most unlikely because the Pathisol disinfectant kills all microbes in seconds by using all or some of the following four methods simultaneously, depending upon whether the microbe is a virus, a bacteria or fungus:
- Destroys membranes - everything inside the cell leaks out
- Destroys genes - no genetic instructions
- Destroys enzymes - stopping the life functions of the cell
- Destroys proteins - damaging the cell structures
- It kills even spores that are normally particularly difficult to kill.
Check out the different uses of Pathisol here
Is Pathisol safe for the environment?
Pathisol disinfectant is so effective that it can achieve at a very low concentration what other disinfectants what need to be at a much higher concentration to achieve.
The use of Pathisol removes the risk of damaging both the environment and human health, whilst cost effectively killing all microbes. and it does so.
Is it more effective than bleach?
Pathisol is 60X more effective than bleach (Sodium hypochlorite)and much more safe and less harmful to the environment. It is also more effective than Hydrogenperoxide(H2O2).
Pathisol disinfectant is poised to be a changing force in the control, prevention and management of infection within the existing and post Covid disinfection market.
How quickly does it work and how?
Once inside, the HOCl molecule kills the bacterium in seconds (faster than other Chlorine-based disinfectants) by disrupting four cellular mechanisms simultaneously:
- Disrupting the bacterial wall/membrane, breaking the integrity of the cell so that it leaks
- Damaging genes, so there is no control of cell functions
- Disrupting critical metabolism enzymes, stopping life
- Disrupting the cell infrastructure proteins and repair mechanisms so that the cell collapses
In short, Pathisol is high quality and effective
On its own, HOCl achieves little. The efficacy of Pathisol’s approach is dependent upon three basic parts: Its quality (how it is manufactured), the cleaning and disinfection power (electrostatically sprayed) and the training and attention to detail.
- Spray and leave (no rinse)
- Hospital Grade Disinfectant
- No harmful chemicals (no damage to human cells)
- Kills 99.9999% of germs: bacteria (MRSA, C.diff), viruses (HIV, Coronaviruses, herpes, colds, flu), fungi, mycobacter, spores, prions
- Spray gun (electrostatic application), convenience (ease of use)
- Safety Data Sheets on application for Pathisol Disinfectant (HOCl) and Cleaning Agent (NaOH)
The difference between killing 99.99% and 99.9999 % of bacteria
Pathisol Disinfectant kills 99.9999% - check out the difference below: